1.move all tutorials/tips to a tutorials section. (so there will be no stickys as they are quite annoying to have at top of the page) this also means that when someone makes up a tutorial, he/she makes a thread in this section and locks it. tutorials/tips threads dont require any replies. you read and move on.
2. close all repetitive threads and trash them. this is because newcomers dont search but create new threads on stuff thats already been done here.
(i know even i did that initially, so talking from experience)
3. create stringent rules for members to search forum for what they looking for rather than create a new thread.
4. patches to have a [Patch] in start of subject.
patch requests - [Patch Request]
Modding - [MOD]
and so on...
5. never close these subjects.
6. modding query to go in modding section not in ask guru.
7. hardware failures and modded failures (new threads only, like someone reporting a failure or asking for help on failure/crashes etc) to go in ask guru section.
8. absolutely no futile headings starting with - please help me..., it is about... ambigious subject headings that dont mean anything. (this will help in accurate searching)
9. firmware upgrade/downgrade Qs to strictly be moved to ask guru as this is not a mod.
10. version 5 to be separated due 3rd being incompatible with 5th. so we probably (with new bb version) have 2 sub-sections under modding section, 3rd and 5th.
11. remove good points and bad points section or rename them and use them for some other. no need to patronize SF forum, its versatility is shown by the amount of members it has or say anything negative, since its free.
12. remove inactive members who have not posted or logged in in say 1 or may be 2 or 3 months. reason-lot of guys just enter to get something and leave afterwards so why not get rid of them entirely.
13. banned section to be removed. why would someone want to know who got banned. besides no one should request to get someone else banned. its at the mods/admins discretion, of course and should be left like wise.
14. test center to be removed course some people use that to build post count, wonder whats the excitement in that. we have a preview button and edit as well so thats more than enough.
15. never ever have reputation system as this will only heighten favoratism. i for one have already seen such...(dont ask)
16. get rid of explicit smilies??? its hilarious
these are just my suggestions to mods/admins.
(and i am also willing to help in this clean up campaign, for modding section only though)