04 May 2008
Change Your Boot Up Screen & Sound!
(for hacked phones only)
As I have already said few times, thanks to the our mighty FCA, S60 platform is truly open to anything and his platform hack have opened up numerous possibilities in the area of hacking the phone interface and making it more eye pleasant!!
Now when the S60 3rd edition security is broken and when the ROM patcher is available the only real limit for phone customization is the edge of our imagination.
There are bunch of talented young hackers around the Symbian Freak and you can expect much more cool hacks and patches to come shortly.
Anyway, speaking about the hack, first of all it doesn’t patch the ROM it is the pretty simple method known from 2nd edition phones and the whole trick is moving the files from the ROM to C: drive and pointing phone to use these files instead of the original ROM files.
Here's how you could change your Start-up animation.
YES! It's the way to get rid of the shaking hands!
- First Enable CAPS OFF
- Use File Browser and go to Z:\resource\apps
- Copy the startup.mbm, startup.mif and the rsc file corresponding to your installed language (*.r01 = english, *.r03 = german, etc.) to C:\resource\apps
- Now browse to C:\resource\apps and press '8' on the startup.rXX file. now you have the hex view of the file.
- Scroll down to line 000050
- change hex value '5A' which stands for 'Z' to '43', which will be 'C'.
- After saving the file, on boot, device will look in C:\resource\apps for the Startup.mbm and use it!
- CONFIRMED to work on FP1 phones: N82, N95, N95 8GB, E51, E60, E90
- Not working on the 6120, 6290, 5700, N73, N80, N81
.:[ Start Up Animation Rrelated Discussion ]:.
- First of all Get the package of course!
- Unpack there you will find 101F8763.txt and Startup.mp3
- Put 101F8763 to С:/private/10202be9/101F8763.txt (create folder 10202be9 if doesn't exists)
- ut Startup.mp3 to E:\\Sounds\\Simple\\Startup.mp3
- That's all now just restart your phone and you will have new and very unique start-up sound. you may edit Startup.mp3 file but remember it must not be longer than 10 sec !!!
If you have the problem with provided files than you'll have to do it manually.
- Go to Z:/private/10202be9/ and copy 101F8763.txt
- Put it С:/private/10202be9/101F8763.txt
- Edit 101F8763.txt,
you will find there:
- [Main] remember only change Z:\\Data\\Startup_tone.aac to E:\\Sounds\\Simple\\Startup.mp3
- 0x1 int 1 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail
- 0x2 int 6 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail
- 0x3 string "Z:\\Data\\Startup_tone.aac" 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail and so on
- put Startup.mp3 to E:\\Sounds\\Simple\\Startup.mp3
Enjoy in your brand new start up sound ;)
.:[ Start Up Sound Rrelated Discussion ]:.
Startup Animation & Sound Concourse
Join the concurse and get the files right
.:[ HERE ]:.